- IF the DC Court rules in favor of the Clean Power Plan, expect the share of energy generated by renewable and nuclear energy sources in the US to increase from 38% in 2015 to 45% by 2025.
- Planned corporate investment in energy efficiency is at an all-time high.
- Apple has gotten approval from Ireland to build a wind-farm on the island.
- The US Department of Defense is the second-largest consumer of renewable electricity in the world. Only Google buys more.
- The US DoE offers incentives for the purchase of LED lights in 48 states because the agency considers the widespread adoption of the technology essential: "LED lights offer the greatest potential impact on energy conservation in the country."
- Installed residential solar is declining in California (down about 6%) but burgeoning in other areas, like Texas.
- China installed 20 gigawatts (GW) of solar power capacity in the first half of 2016, three times as much as the same period a year ago
Courtesy of American Energy Society and Eric Vettel.