ORTECH has been helping BioEnergy firms for over 12 years!
Biogas REA Experience:
The key components of a Biogas REA are odour and air emission estimates and dispersion modelling. Examples of some of our recent biogas experience are summarized below:
Grimsby Energy Inc.: ORTECH developed and prepared an Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling (ESDM) Report for a biogas anaerobic digester which produces electrical power through reciprocating internal combustion engines using farm crop, livestock and zoo animal wastes. The ESDM Report was submitted as part of Renewable Energy Approval (REA) applications for Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA).
ZooShare Biogas Co-operative Inc.: ORTECH developed and prepared an Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling (ESDM) Report for a biogas anaerobic digester which produces electrical power through reciprocating internal combustion engines. The ESDM Report was submitted as part of a Renewable Energy Approval (REA) application for an Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA).
Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO): ORTECH performed commercial operation date audits for the 8 facilities in the biogas category. These audits were performed on behalf of the IESO to determine if the facility was constructed as per the REA and Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) contact. ORTECH has performed over 325 audits for the IESO across all renewable energy categories.
General Industry Experience with WWTP:
For over 30 years, ORTECH has been offering emission testing, odour testing, emissions estimating and dispersion modelling and analytical laboratory services to WWTP, incinerators and WTE facilities in Canada. ORTECH also provides biogas and natural gas analytical services including but not limited to heating value and sulphur content.
Other examples of relevant ORTECH clients in various air quality services are provided below.
Emissions Testing/Environmental Compliance Approval Clients:
- Aevitas Inc,
- Covanta York Durham Energy Center, Waste to Energy,
- Clean Harbors Hazardous Waste Treatment Plant (Sarnia/Mercier),
- City of London,
- City of Toronto, Greenway WWTP/Highland Creek WWTP/Ashbridges Bay WWTP,
- Emerald Power (former Region of Peel) Waste to Energy,
- Enbridge Gas,
- Halton Region WWTP,
- Imperial Oil Co-Generation Plant,
- Medical Waste Management Inc. (Incinerator),
- Northland Power Thorold Co-Generation Plant, and
- Plasco, Waste to Energy.
Odour Assessment Clients:
- City of Toronto Highland WWTP/Ashbridges Bay WWTP,
- Halton Recycling,
- Kitchener WWTP,
- Ontario Clean Water Agency (Lakeview WWTP),
- PlanET biogas Solutions,
- Region of Halton Mid-Halton WWTP/Georgetown WWTP,
- Skyway WWTP, and
Biogas Analysis Clients:
- Cardinal Power Cogeneration,
- Casco Cardinal,
- City of Sudbury Sludge Treatment Plant,
- City of Toronto (Highland Creek WWTP),
- EBI Energie,
- Metro Vancouver,
- Oxford County,
- Region of Niagara,
- Triton Engineering, and
- Union Gas.
To learn more please contact: