Neil Dalton, Project Manager, Ambient Air Monitoring
Profile: Areas of Expertise:
- Air/Water monitoring instrumentation.
- Environmental Gas Chromatography/FID/Mass Spectrometry.
- Quality Control/Assurance.
- Preparation/Analysis/Quality Control of Industrial Calibration Standards.
- H&S Program monitoring for the Sarnia office.
- Maintain a CALA Performance Testing Program for Sarnia office.
- Computer software.
- Preparation and analysis of sample media in an extensive air quality survey in the Sarnia area.
- Organic Analytical lab management including Quality Control/Quality Assurance and maintenance of a Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer system.
- Instrument Quality Assurance/Quality Control in a long-term Quality Program.
- Instrument calibration, maintenance, and repair of air-monitoring instruments such as; Gas Chromatographs, Sulfur Dioxide analyzers, TEOMs, and Purge and Trap systems.
- Preparation and delivery of Safety Meetings, safety inspections, and review of leading indicators for Safety such as; TASC cards, Near Miss Cards and Hazardous Conditions cards for ORTECH’s Sarnia office.
- Preparation and analysis of calibration standards used by local Industries.
- Emergency after-hours analytical work both on-site of local industry and in-house lab analysis for Spill assessment.