Nathan VanBelois, Specialist, Ambient Air Monitoring
Profile: Areas of Expertise:
- Air/Water monitoring instrumentation.
- Environmental Gas Chromatography.
- Industrial process Gas Chromatography analysis.
- Industrial instrumentation maintenance.
- Computer hardware installation and maintenance including Data Control Systems and databases
- Instrument calibration, maintenance and repair (SO2, NOx, O3, TRS, PM2.5, volatile organic compounds and meteorological)
- Setup and operation of air-monitoring equipment for in-plant, fence-line and community sampling, including use of a mobile monitoring trailer
- Installation and maintenance of industrial instrumentation including transmitters, valves and indicators for level, pressure and temperature
- Installation and maintenance of distributed control systems such as Honeywell TDC3000 and Honeywell/Dell Experion
- Significant involvement in an extensive air quality survey in the Sarnia area, with specific emphasis on instrument calibration and maintenance.