ORTECH has the experience and strategies you need to help you obtain a Renewable Energy Approval (REA).
Ontario’s Green Energy and Green Economy Act (2009) changed the way renewable energy is permitted in the province. The REA combines the requirements of the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC), the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH), and the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS) to create one seamless process.
However, the REA process can be challenging to navigate. Let us help you by bringing our experienced and responsive team and project management framework to your project. We will:
- Manage all required field work and ensure data is accurately and efficiently recorded
- Provide any required assistance with the layout of your project
- Protect your wind energy project’s viability and rate of return through the Draft Site Plan process
- Manage and carry out all required consultation activities, including Public, Municipal and Aboriginal
- Design and implement enhanced consultation activities to ensure the most positive possible relationships with your stakeholders
- Complete all reports, with attention both to quality and deadlines, to ensure all required approvals are obtained from Ministries throughout the process, including Natural Heritage, Archaeology, Cultural Heritage, Noise, and the final REA submission
- Undertake any required non-provincial permitting processes, including through Conservation Authorities, municipalities, or federal Departments and Agencies
To learn more, please contact: