Peter Piersol, Senior Project Manager, Compliance & Permitting, B.Sc.
Phone: 905 822 4120 x 545
B.A.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Toronto
Profile: Areas of Expertise:
Over 30 years experience in air quality assessment, air emission permitting, ambient air quality monitoring, indoor air quality, occupational exposure assessment and health and safety programs.
- Development of site-wide emission inventories for various industries and institutions, including hot-mix asphalt plants, surface coating operations, ready-mix concrete plants, natural gas-fired power generation, automotive parts manufacturing, plastics extrusion operations, and organic waste composting facilities.
- Preparation and submission of Emission Summary & Dispersion Modelling Reports in support of
- Environmental Compliance Approvals – Air & Noise applications and amendments for various types of industries and operations.
- Preparation and submission of regulatory annual toxic substance emissions and release reports for NPRI, O. Reg. 127 and Toronto ChemTRAC.
- Preparation and client assistance and guidance for Toxic Substance Reduction plans.
- Evaluation of odour emission sources, the assessment of odour emission air dispersion and community odour impacts.
- Evaluation and assessment of fugitive dust emissions and impacts from aggregate handling and processing.
- Provide expert testimony in air emission monitoring and emissions estimations, odour assessment and control, and work exposure assessment.
- Prepares and provides expert advice and peer review on land use zoning issues.
- Manage and implement corporate health and safety programs.
- Conduct indoor air quality testing for LEEDs certification credits.
- Over 20 technical papers and presentations on pollution control, emissions assessment, occupational hygiene and indoor air quality.