It is prudent to develop a plan before initiating any ambient air quality monitoring activities. Monitoring plans are required by most jurisdictions and provide an opportunity for the proponent to ensure that any monitoring data collected is an accurate and reliable assessment of the air quality around the industrial facility or adjacent community.
Important elements of a monitoring plan:
- Objectives of the monitoring program;
- Duration of the monitoring program;
- Expected or suspected sources of air pollution;
- Expected or suspected receptors;
- Number of required monitoring locations;
- Air quality parameters to be measured;
- Monitoring methods or procedures;
- Laboratory services required;
- Quality assurance/quality control activities; and
- Data reporting and archival procedures.
ORTECH can develop an effective monitoring plan that satisfies your particular requirement and that optimizes your resources.