Types of environmental approvals

Depending on the nature of your business activities, you’ll apply or register for one of the following:

  • Environmental Compliance Approval: This approval covers emissions and discharges related to air, noise, waste or sewage. Find out when you need an ECA (Environmental Compliance Approval) and how to apply.
  • Environmental Activity and Sector Registry: The registry is for business activities that pose minimal risk to the environment and human health, and are already regulated by pre-set rules. Find out which activities are eligible for the EASR (Environmental Activity and Sector Registry) and how to register.
  • Renewable Energy Approval: This approval is needed for most solar, wind or bio-energy projects. Find out when you need to get an REA (Renewable Energy Approval) and how to apply.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us.  mtingle@ortech.ca